The Importance of Connectivity
Be Fruitful Through Abiding in Christ
“Connectivity” is a word we have heard many times during the past two years when we faced periodic lockdowns for extended periods due to the Covid 19 pandemic.
Students were left frustrated when they were unable to connect to their source of instruction. Many working from home were flustered by frequent drops in internet connectivity hampering effective video conference calls. Anxiety was the order of the day when many were unable to connect with loved ones and friends, especially those they knew were ill and in dire straits due to the pandemic.
These and other challenges resulted in frustrating - sometimes devastating, unproductive days.
Our church theme for 2022 “Abide in Christ” from John 15:4-5, very aptly highlights the importance of connectivity. Far more important than good internet access, or effectiveness of other communication channels, is the vital need to stay connected with Jesus, our Lord and Saviour.
Jesus said, “I am the true vine, you are the branches. He who abides in me and I in Him, bears much fruit for without me you can do nothing (John 15:4).
Only in relationship with Him can we find the providence for any lasting fruitful endeavours in and through our lives.
- Jesus declared Himself to be the Bread of Life in John 6:35; the nourishment we need to be truly satisfied in life.
- Jesus declared Himself to be the Light of the World in John 8:12; bringing understanding in dark perplexing circumstance.
- He declared Himself to be the Door in John 10:7; the entrance into a life of new relationships within God’s family.
- He declared himself to be the Good Shepherd in John 10:11; our source of love, care, protection and provision.
- Jesus declared himself to be the “Resurrection and the Life” in John 11:25; forever removing from us the fear of death and eternal destruction .
- He declared himself to be “the Way the Truth and the Life” in John 14:6. Through Him we have access into the Father’s Presence.
How is your connection with Jesus the True Vine? He has made available to us many ways of staying connected to Him.
- We abide in Him through His Word. Jesus said, “If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire and it shall be done for you (John 15:7 NKJV). Reading God’s Word reveals Who He is and His plan and purposes for His people.
- We abide with Him through prayer. Jesus said, “Come to Me, all who labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28 NKJV)
- We abide in Him through fellowship with His people. Jesus said, “For where two or three are gathered together in My name, there am I in the midst of them” (Matthew 18:20 NKJV).
- We abide in Him when we obey the Great Commission as He promises that as we go sharing the Good News. He said “Lo, I am with you always even to the end of the age” (Matthew 28:20b NKJV)
Calvary has made available many opportunities and ways for you to connect and stay connected with the True Vine, Jesus so as to live a blessed and fruitful life. Take every advantage of our worship services, prayer meetings, education, evangelism and discipleship opportunities. Be part of a Life Group.
Have a Blessed and Fruitful 2022.